Let's write a web browser

A discussion forum related to using the Webkit browser and the JavaScript Core.packages for Free Pascal

Moderator: sysrpl

sysrpl

Let's write a web browser

Postby sysrpl » Fri May 18, 2018 9:57 am

Here is a simple demonstration of the Webkit web browser tools I am developing.

This is an open source set of controls which will be released soon on gtihub. The browser is based on the wekbit engine, and it's accompanied by a collection of native controls and other code to make working with related materials easy/easier.

A related portion I am working on in parallel is an interface to the webkit javascript core engine. Although it is in a separate package, the jsc tools provide the ability to intermix pascal code and javascript in your applications. But also, you can use the jsc tools to take to talk your application from inside a webpage, and your application can call javascript to interact with a webpage.

If you decide can not use a web browser at all, jsc allows you to work with javascript inside your pascal apps just fine by itself.

Stay tuned. If you want to help me test or given me feedback on some demo ideas or the programming interface (code design) before I publish, let me know.

Return to “Webkit Browser and JavaScript Core”