HomeBrew installation script

If you want to discuss Machintosh specific topics then use this forum.
Robsoft

HomeBrew installation script

Postby Robsoft » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:28 pm

I've got a 'HomeBrew' version of the latest installation script, that gets Lazarus installed and up and running on a clean El Capitan install. I'm going to try and merge it with the MacPorts one (shouldn't be rocket science, but I'm new to Bash scripts), and then perhaps try my first git pull request :-)

In the meantime (before it appears anywhere 'official'), if anyone wants it just give me a nudge.

The one wrinkle I had was that gdb seems to be called gdb under MacPorts, it took me a while to realise that just installing gdb under 'Brew seemed to do the trick (and Lazarus out of the box spots it just fine). Everything is dead straightforward and almost exactly the same.

Oh, and the whole code signing 'theatre' remains the same, of course.

Cheers
Rob

sysrpl

Re: HomeBrew installation script

Postby sysrpl » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:32 pm

Robsoft,

If you sent it to me I'll try to integrate it into the mains script as a choice. Thanks.

Robsoft

Postby Robsoft » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:53 pm

Done, hope it makes sense - there's not too many changes to your existing one. Happy to test it for you here after you've finished (I've got a Mac VM now that I can clear down etc without too much fuss).

Cheers
Rob

sysrpl

Postby sysrpl » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:33 am

Robsoft wrote:Done, hope it makes sense - there's not too many changes to your existing one. Happy to test it for you here after you've finished (I've got a Mac VM now that I can clear down etc without too much fuss).

Thanks Rob,

I've posted an updated Macintosh script which give you a choice of Homebrew or Macports. Can you test it? The download location is on the main page at http://www.getlazarus.org/setup/?download#macintosh

Return to “Macintosh”