codebot.cross updates?

This forum is to discuss Lazarus, components, and your projects.
trayres

codebot.cross updates?

Postby trayres » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:49 am

I read that there are updates coming to codebot.cross - is this still happening? What is the time frame? I am super excited to have codebot.cross updated - it sounds like exactly what I need, and I was worried it was abandoned.

Thanks!

sysrpl

Re: codebot.cross updates?

Postby sysrpl » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:15 am

Yes. I am actually working on it right now and testing it on a private git server between a few people and machines. I've added a lot class helpers, advanced canvas for Macintosh, Linux, and Windows, ftp client, web client, cloud storage client, and XML processing classes for all platforms.

Here is the new ftp client class in Codebot.Cross:

http://www.getlazarus.org/helpers/ftpclient/

I'm currently weighing whether or not to add some controls in from my old library which was hosted here:

http://www.codebot.org/delphi/

But many of them are dependent on Windows functions and I would have to pick through what can be reused. I also have about 180 custom designed components in addition to the ones listed on that page which I need to go through. I am considering just keeping Codebot.Cross non-visual stuff like it is now. The graphics classes are non visual in that you do not need a control or form to use them.

Later I may make a new Codebot.Cross.Forms library for hosting components which should be dropped on forms or frames.

If you're seriously interested in Codebot.Cross, let me know and I'll consider granting more people access to my private git server. But if you want to wait, when it's ready it'll be updated at the current github page.

trayres

Postby trayres » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:29 am

I am seriously interested - it looks like exactly what I need!

sysrpl

Postby sysrpl » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:30 pm

trayres wrote:I am seriously interested - it looks like exactly what I need!

It's great to hear enthusiasm. Check back here on the forums in a few days for an official announcement.

trayres

Postby trayres » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:46 am

How is it coming along? :)

sysrpl

Postby sysrpl » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:14 am

trayres wrote:How is it coming along? :)

trayres, I decided to port over many of the controls I had previously written for Delphi. I also been making a few radical changes, so there's actually even more work now.

The good news is I'll have a working copy of some of the core components very soon. Today I rewrote the graphic matrix operations for cairo drawing, as I discovered a problem related to the origin when rotating a canvas. Now I need to fix brushes on cairo to reflect the changes.

Here are some of the changes over just the past five days:

Implemented a totally new theme plug in for all controls. Created preliminary Default and Redmond (win9x) style themes. Additional themes are easy to create.

Finished writing new TSurfaceBitmap which allows for universal image handling (bmp, gif, jpg, tif, ico, png) and provides photoshop like effects.

Finished writing new TAlphaImage control which can center, fit, fill, stretch, and tile a image unto a surface. In addition it supports effects like time image desaturating, rotating, and alpha blending (transparency).

Finished writing color controls including radial hue and color saturation picker controls. Here is a video of the old Delphi version: http://www.codebot.org/delphi/?doc=9524

Finished writing slider and angle controls.

Finished writing cross platform popup form which can be programmed to appear underneath input controls. For example, the color edit control allows you to type an integer value, but also invoke a slider which appears below the edit which you can drag to change the value.

Popup controls which need to be brought over include: color box popup, tree view popup, float slider popup, brush style popup, draw grid popup, and a few more.

Created new mouse capture system which fixes mouse capture problems on multiple platforms.

Created banner form which aides in styling forms. Previously you might have added images, text, background, and a custom footer in the form designer like in this screen:

http://cache.getlazarus.org/images/gall ... id-800.jpg

Now it's all build into the form at design time. You just set properties on the form to end up something like this:

http://cache.getlazarus.org/images/show ... e.list.jpg

Where you choose the background image, logo image, and header main/subtext, and footer options, and the TBannerForm does it for you, removing a lot of components or code from the form listing.

Though I still have a lot to do, and a lot of source code to pull over, I will have something stable to test in the next few days. I created a private git account for you on my server and will email it to you when I post the first workable version. You can play it at that time. You'll have write access if you want to fix something, like the documentation which fits inline with the source code.

I'll have plenty of work to continue to add for months coming, including a yet to be written demo program. Hopefully the hardware graphics system, which is almost complete, will make some people happy.

Update:
Here is a quick demo of a few controls http://www.getlazarus.org/videos/crossdemo/

codz

Postby codz » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:55 pm

great
I'd like to thank you for this great effort .
keep up the good work

trayres

Postby trayres » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:27 am

I'm still super excited for this to drop! It looks like amazing work!

Return to “Lazarus”