The next Version of Bare Game is almost here

Discussion related to the development of Bare Game http://www.baregame.org
sysrpl

The next Version of Bare Game is almost here

Postby sysrpl » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:38 am

A new version of Bare Game is coming. This new version has tons of new functionality including:

everything visual is based on shaders now
    custom vertex types and vertex buffers
    easy to use render to texture commands
    animation storyboards
    animation tracking support added to many properties such as
      camera position, heading, and field of view
      sprite position, origin, color, scale, rotation
      font writer insert positions, text angle, character angle, kerning, fore color, shadow color
      2D brush color
      2D pen color, and width
      sound channel pan, volumes, and position
    much improved sound mixing timing
      user programmable sound samples
      programmable musical note generation examples functions
      easy to use 3D positional sound
    improved canvas class
      solid brush, gradient brush, and texture brush implementations
      pen miter limits and styles
      improved caching and copying of path data
    new resource manager with built in compression and packing
      you simply put images, sounds, anything else into project/resources, and they get compressed into your exe/program as resources when you build
    prebuilt skybox class

I'm sure there is a bunch more. If anyone here wants to help me in this project, maybe with testing, or actual coding, let me know.

blaisewirth

Re: The next Version of Bare Game is almost here

Postby blaisewirth » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:13 pm

I am not able to download.

I always get the error: "500 - Internal server error"

sysrpl

Postby sysrpl » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:15 pm

Get it using github for now. The previous install created its own Free Pascal compiler and Lazarus. This is going to change in the next version. You will just download the package files, and install the package.

I will veryify the github versions are compatible with the newer free Pascal and Lazarus bundles available at getlazarus.org. Afterwards I'll provide and provide instructions on how to setup the old version of Bare Game from github in this thread, along with a few examples possibly.

Just as a reminder, the current released version of Bare Game lacks many of the features I outlined in my original post. A new version is getting ready for release and we'll need some help testing it and creating tutorials and demos.

Update:

Though the Bare.Game engine version 2 isn't ready yet, I've gone back to the github version and updated it to work with the latest fixes 3_0 branch of Free Pascal. I've also created new example project for it located in Bare.Game/examples.draw. Install instructions and other information is on github here:

http://github.com/sysrpl/Bare.Game

codz

Postby codz » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:37 am

amazing work , impressive code architecture , this really indicates that you are formed professional .
the example works fine . but in other machine ( does not support shader ) it didn't , i think it would be good if your lib has the ability to switch to older fixed function pipeline . its just my opinion .

looking forward for your next versions
btw , i am working on translating stb_image.c to free pascal ( progress 20% right now), i think it would a good solution for fast multi-platform image loading .

sysrpl

Postby sysrpl » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:49 am

Thank you for the positive feedback. It'll put some juice into my batteries. I'll see what I can do about more compatibility in the upcoming release.

codz

Postby codz » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:59 pm

does bg engine support playing ogg files ?

sysrpl

Postby sysrpl » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:02 pm

Current and in the next version, it only supports wav and compressed wav. There is a tool/script included to convert any audio format to the proper format expect by Bare Game.

In reality this isn't such a big deal because:

A) Anytime you play an audios stream a game engine/sound must be expanded it into raw audio samples. So in effect all ogg and mp3 are doing is reducing the file size.

B) In version 2 all sounds, images, fonts, and other resources are compressed into a resource data file linked to your program anytime you build. This should alleviates any file size concerns remaining from point A.

lawrence

Postby lawrence » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:22 am

Wow. amazing new version of bare game . i like very much. quickly updated @ http://www.trainingintambaram.in/web-de ... ennai.html || http://www.trainingintambaram.in/seleni ... ennai.html

Return to “Bare Game”